Friday 19 October 2012

19 OCT 12 -- Back in the Saddle

I observed, as forementioned in my last post, a one-week deload to recover from the heavy lifting. Nothing really worth writing about, but during that time I just worked on some chin ups, and these were done at work. I did one strongman event session, this being on the 14th, and it consisted of just a bunch of log presses:

Log Press Poundages/Reps

40 x 15, 85 x 5, 140 x 5, 165 x 5, 210 x 2, 3, 220 x 2, 2, 175 x 5, 5, 5, 95 x 5 x 10.

I plan on working these into a full routine, but that session was just an experiment to see where I was at with these, and what sort of workout I could get from them. Also, applying 5/3/1 to the log press when the routine becomes implemented. They are a lot different than barbell or dumbbell presses, the big factor involving balancing the damn thing. Also, I do them as strict presses when lighter weights are involved, and only add the leg drive when I am close to the top poundages.

Today, the 19th, I trained the overhead press. Starting a new wave, all the poundages go up, normally 5 lbs for presses, and 10 for squats/deadlifts. However, after looking at where I am at with my reps versus weight used, I have decided to modify the weights to get some heavier work in:

Military Press 205 lbs
Dead Lift 435 lbs
Bench Press 320 lbs
Squat 415 lbs

Overhead press day with 5+:

65%  = 135 x 5
75%  = 155 x 5
85%  = 175 x 15

Rep target was 13 reps.

Assistance work today was supersetted chin ups and standing dumbbell presses using the 50-pounders for 5 x 10.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment